Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quicky re: World Vision

So as I was speaking about World Vision, I thought that I would quickly note that here in Malawi World Vision is large and in charge!

Really I have had my doubts about thier organization in the past (and probably will in the future) but overall here in the southern region of Malawi, world vision is doing a good job with the communities they work with. Also there doesnt seem to be any evidence of "mandatory conversion" to catholicism. In fact they work within muslim areas.

Sure there are probably (as some have critizised) too many fund lines allocated to administrative and publicity purposes but with an organization operating on such a grand scale . . .maybe its expectable? (I also saw signs of world vision all over Kenya- nice big white signs- and some in Sri Lanka).

I'll write a better post later about Malawian social service dynamics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home