Friday, November 18, 2005

Turn Left at the Banana Trees

So somewhere between Cape Mc Clear and Zomba plateau I was convinced to move to Zomba. It was becoming rather obvious now since all my social activity was in Zomba which left me sleeping around on anyones couch/ bed that would allow me. I even snuck into lodges (paid hotels) and bunked with friends there. Ít was getting rather cumbersome and I thought that living in the town would decrease my environmental impact by allowing me to decrease my need for rides into town. (Ok, maybe this is faulty reasoning as I would still need rides in everyday, in order to get to and from work). But anyways I found a little white house on a hill, and it was only slightly more expensive than the place I was currently staying at AND I would have my own house, living room, dining room, kitchen (with fridge) and 2 bedrooms. How very grown up!


The house is nestled in the mountains, with trees surrounding it and a vegetable garden. There are even mango, lime and guava trees! Its perfect really. My friend Rachel, who was really my doorway to the younger crowd was staying at the house and was moving in a few weeks time. So she offered me the house and I haven’t looked back since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home